Wheels 2 Work is a not for profit moped loan scheme that helps people get to work, apprenticeships, or training, where no other form of transport is available.
Eligible candidates receive a moped after they have completed the compulsory basic training (CBT).
To be eligible for the scheme you must:
- Live in the Hambleton, Harrogate or Richmondshire areas
- Be 16 or over
- Require transport to travel to work, an apprenticeship or training
- Have a daily journey that is a practical distance for a moped
- Have no other suitable from of transport
- Have a provisional licence.
During the loan period candidates are encouraged to save up for their own transport to maintain access to the workplace.
How much will it cost?
Riders are required to make a weekly contribution starting at £25.00. For this sum, candidates are provided with:
- A moped
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Road tax
- Full moped servicing.
Riders will also need to make an initial contribution of £40 towards safety equipment (which includes a helmet, motorcycle jacket, trousers, gloves and reflective jacket if required).
A bond of £150 will also be required which will usually be refunded when you leave the scheme subject to certain conditions e.g. user contributions being up to date, etc.
If you have any other queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01609 780458.