Our neighbourhood Police team has sent their latest report. All monthly reports are available here. https://middlehamtowncouncil.co.uk/police-reports/
Incidents of note over the last month;
- Approx 1000lt of heating oil stolen from a residential property near Middleham between Feb an April
- 8th April a Cocker Spaniel was stolen from kennels at a fam near Barden. The dog has since been returned however the investigation is still ongoing.
- 10th April a metal milk jug stolen from outside a property at east Hauxwell
- Between 8th and 11th April, a Landrover defender was stolen from outside a property in Bellerby
- Between 15th and 17th April farm buildings were entered at Brokes. A trailer, quadbike , strimmer’s and chainsaws were stolen.
- 17th April a domestic oil tank was damaged at a residential property in Reeth when persons have attempted to steal heating oil
- 23rd April a Hobby UKFE 650 caravan was stolen from Garriston
There was a total of 31 crimes recorded in the area during April. I do not report crimes whereby victims could potentially be identified for example, domestic violence or harassment, although they are included in the totals below.
5 crimes were recorded as Fraud whereby people have reported telephone scams. These include ebay and Amazon scams.
A full breakdown by category is as follows:
7 – Violence
4 – Criminal Damage
6 – Fraud
3 – Burglary
9 – Theft
2 – others
Throughout March there were 9 road traffic collisions reported on our roads. 6 resulting in damage only, and 3 resulting in injuries.
Between now and next month’s report the whole country will have celebrated the Platinum jubilee, marking Her Majesty’s 70 year reign. I know of lots of hard work being done in many of our villages, organising events and festivities. I am really looking forward to getting around to as many events as I can and sincerely hope everybody has an enjoyable and safe weekend. (And hope the weather plays its part too)
PC1192 Gary Hankin
PCSO 5232 Don Watson
PSCO 5550 Tracie Taylor-Page
Leyburn and the Dales Safer Neighbourhood Team